Wednesday, September 10, 2008
The Astronaut Farmer
Yesterday we watched a movie called The Astronaut Farmer. It's about a guy called Charlie Farmer who was building a rocket in his barn. But the government tries to stop him from launching it. I think the government should have let him go because he wasn't hurting anybody but himself, (really, he was hurting himself, he had to go to the hospital once). I liked the movie, and I think you should see it also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CAL, I found this quote by Thomas Jefferson and thought it might interest you.
"The care of every man's soul belongs to himself. But what if he neglect the care of it? Well what if he neglect the care of his health or his estate, which would more nearly relate to the state. Will the magistrate make a law that he not be poor or sick? Laws provide against injury from others; but not from ourselves. God himself will not save men against their wills." --October 1776
Post a Comment